Will it be Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai or Hyderabad? One thing is certainly known - each of them is set to rip your mind & body like a chainsaw.
Hyderabad's biggest rock band festival, Slash, is back again. This year, this national level competition will feature some of the country's finest bands in action, on the 3rd and 4th of October, at Carpe Diem 08 at CBIT, with the main attractions being Baba, Ben & Joel of Native Tongue.
16 rock bands will vie with one another for the top spot. The winners get a free trip to any destination of their choice in India, a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000, and a guitar signed personally by the trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.
The schedule for Slash is as follows:
Oct 3rd – Prelims (3pm onwards) - Free Entry
Oct 4th – Finals (11am onwards) - Ticketed Entry
Guest Appearance - Tamar Chatterjee of Gnarl
Slash is part of Carpe Diem 08. Carpe Diem, which literally means 'seize the day', is an biennial cultural festival organized by CBIT. A crowd-puller, Carpe Diem regularly attracts thousands of youth from all walks of life. In 2006, the event featured the Pakistani band Jal, DJ Sukethu, and singer Karunya.
Besides the above, here are some of the other activities at Carpe Diem:
1. Informalz - It is an 'all-talent' competition, and participants will get to showcase any talent they want. Yes, bathroom singers are also qualified to participate.
3. War of DJs - Like the title suggests, it will mostly feature great music, dancing, and adrenaline rushes. DJ Shekhar, the in-house DJ of F-bar, will judge the event.
4. Paintball - A fun, riotous event that celebrates colour.
5. 10k Run - The concept is, well, simple. Participants have to run, to spread the awareness of AIDS.
Tickets for Carpe Diem are available at:
1. Cafe Coffee Day M G Road
2. Cafe Coffee Day Habsiguda
3. Cafe Coffee Day Old Jubilee Hills
4. Cafe Coffee Day Raj Bhavan Road
5. Cafe Coffee Day Banjara Hills Road No. 1
8. Texas Chicken
9. City Centre Mall
The cost of the tickets is as follows:
a) VIP passes Rs. 1,500 (double entry) (These passes will ensure that you are treated like royalty, with front seats at every event, and on-seat service.)
b) Rs. 1,200 (double entry)
c) Rs. 500 (single entry)
d) Rs. 200 (single entry)
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology is one of the premier engineering colleges in the self-financing category in Andhra Pradesh. It has been accredited twice in 1998 and again in 2004 by NBA (AICTE). It is also the first ISO 9001-2000 certified engineering institute of AP. Over the past 27 years, CBIT has produced about 12,000 graduate engineers.
For further details on Slash, please contact Paul Samuel at firstname.lastname@example.org / 98853-45847
For further details on Carpe Diem 08, please contact Manoj at 97033-31547 or Sunil at 97033-31549.