Alliance Francaise, together with the French Embassy in India, Culture France, Krishnakriti Foundation, Kalakriti Art Gallery and the Hyderabad Film Club, is organising Bonjour India - A Festival Of France, from 7th to 17th January, at various venues in the city. The 11-day extravaganza will feature several multi-cultural art, music and dance events, including a French film festival, as details below:
- In Pursuit Of Value - Where Is The Indian Art Market Heading
, a discussion by Jogen Chowdhury and Atul Dodia with Chandana Khan, at the Kalakriti Art Gallery
- Thoranayudham - Koodiyattam Performance By Margi Madhu & Troupe
, at Shilparamam
- Music From Ivory Coast By Dobet Gnahore
, at the Taj Banjara
- Jazz By China Moses & Raphael Lemonnier
, at the Hotel Marriott
9th & 10th January
11:00am to 7:00pm
- Krishnakriti Art Camp - Workshop On Photography By Amit Mehra
, at the Kalakriti Art Gallery
- A Cappella Concert By Penn Masala
, at the Lumbini Amphi Theatre
- Urban Jazz - A Fusion Of Traditional Art And New Technologies By Mayakkam Oxymore
, at the HICC complex of Hotel Novotel
French Film Festival at Prasads IMAX
- Pierrot Le Fou - French Film by Jean-Luc Godard
- Lift To The Scaffold - French Film by Louis Malle
- Bay Of The Angels - French Film by Jacques Demy
- The Bakery Girl Of Monceau - French Film by Eric Rohmer
- Cleo From 5 To 7 - French Film by Agnes Varda
- Jules Et Jim - French Film by Francois Truffaut
- Alphaville - French Film by Jean-Luc Godard
- Handsome Serge - French Film by Claude Chabrol
Bonjour India is a festival celebrating Indo-French relationships and cooperation through a series of exhibitions, concerts, literary meetings, film festivals, debates, conferences, food festivals and economic, and educational and scientific exchanges. The festival is on through December 2009 - February 2010 across 18 Indian cities, in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Mumbai, Mysore, Nashik, Pondicherry, Pune, Trivandrum and Varanasi. It seeks to establish a platform to showcase the various facets of Indian and French contemporary creation.
Over 100 events are scheduled all over these 18 cities during the 3-month long festival, featuring 250 artists, musicians, researchers and entrepreneurs from France. The festival celebrates the collaboration of regional communities and French and Indian business enterprises, and also, the more than 200-year-old richness of Indo-French friendship.
Entry to the art events at the Kalakriti Art Gallery is free for everyone, but the entry to the cultural events at the Marriott, Novotel, Shilparamam, Lumbini and Taj Banjara is by passes available at the Alliance Francaise of Hyderabad (West Marredpally); Kalakriti Art Gallery (Road No. 10, Banjara Hills), Goethe Zentrum (Nampally); Landmark-Book Store (Somajiguda & Road No. 12, Banjara Hills), Access 2 Future (Tarnaka, Kukatpally, Banjara Hills, Road No.36 Jubilee Hills, Himayatnagar, Malakpet, Narayanguda; & GVK One).
Passes for the French films are available at the venue one hour before the show. Please contact Kalakriti Art Gallery at 6656-4466 or the Alliance Francaise at 2770-0734 for further details.