Aradhana is organising a scholarships presentation program on 16th Dec '08 at Thyaagaraya Gana Sabha. The event will commence at 6:15pm.
The Aptamitra Scholarships will be presented to selected candidates, R Venugopal Rao, an artist from Surabhi, and M Mamatha, an engineering student. Others recipients of the scholarships and rewards are:
- T Vijayalakshmi under 'Inspiring Teacher' category
- Rohini Priyanka, an orphan student, will receive a scholarship sponsored by P Mallikarjunudu
- T Keerthi, a student of nursing, will receive a scholarship from T Vasantha Devi, in remembrance of V Govindarajulu
- Yellayya, executive of Clean & Green program, will receive a reward sponsored by Nimmala Satish
- M Harish, a street child, will receive a scholarship from A Srinivasa Reddy, in remembrance of Late Kallem Venkat Reddy and Late Vijayalakshmi
- K Sai Prateek Reddy, an orphan, will receive a scholarship sponsored by M Sita Kumari
- C D Nageswar will receive a scholarship from Sadhana Narsimha Chary, in remembrance of Godavarthi Jayalakshmi
Ex-MP and Chairman of Chaitanya Bharathi Educational Society, 'Vasthusilpi' Dr. B N Reddy, is the chief guest, and Maada Venkateswara Rao, movie artist and comedian, is the guest of honour. R Shyam Sunder, MD of Ramga Organics Ltd will preside over the function, and Kalakirti Dr Pauvuluri Sivaramaiah, children doctor will inaugurate the meet. Special guests of the evening include Siromani Vamsi Ramaraju, Chairman of Vamsi Art Theatres; E Bhavani, Secretary of Abhinandana; Nimmala Satish, Owner of Aruna Studio; and V Sailaja, social worker. News reader in Maa TV, 'Vartha Vagdevi' N Devi Reddy, will light the lamp.
Apart from the Aptamitra rewards and scholarships, the special awardees are:
- Senior jounalist A V Janardhana rao will receive a special reward from Abhinandana
- Sri Vinayaka Natya Mandali (Surabhi) will receive a reward from V Sailaja, in remembrance of C Varalakshmi
R Venugopal Rao from Surabhi, will present a cultural programme, with Lanka Lakshminarayana, giving the voice over.
Please contact L Krishnaiah of Aradhana at 2750-0468 / 93464-27699 for further details.