One of the advantages of something being free is that it is immune to economic
cycles, and so here's a "grand" festival at a rather unlikely time. The Andhra
Pradesh Music Academy is organizing a 5-day music festival. The morning sessions
will be an opportunity for the young to perform and display their talents, and
the evenings will have lecture-demonstrations by renowned musicians.
On the concluding day, Kuchipudi dance maestro Vempati China Satyam will be honored
with the title Natya Vidyanidhi, and mridangam artist Dandamudi Rammohan
Rao with the title Sangeet Vidyanidhi.
The detailed program schedule is as follows:
- Music conference (speakers: Nedunuri Krishna Murthy, Akella Mallikarjuna Sarma, Yella Venkateshwara Rao, G N Dantale, Munuganti Sree Ram Murthy, N S Srinivasan, Pemmaraju Surya Rao, Koniki Satyanarayana and N Alekhya Rao)
- Recitals by renowned Carnatic musicians
- Special lecture-demonstrations by Nookala China Satyanarayana, N S Srinivasan, Akella Mallikarjuna Sarma and others
- Satguru Sivananda Murthy to present the Sri Dwaram Bhgava Narayana Rao Memorial Award to Mahamahopadhayaya and Rastra Bhushana to R Satyanarayana
- A unique instrumental ensemble by the Basvaraj brothers
- Padmabhushan Vempati China Satyam and Dandamudi Rammohana Rao to receive titles for their contribution towards the art