PREVIEW FOR SNAKE AWARENESS PROGRAM BY FRIENDS OF SNAKES SOCIETY
The Awareness Programme is set for a period of one hour where the common snakes are displayed & relevant facts are shared.
A light is thrown on the common myths, surrounding these misunderstood creatures. By the end of the programme there is a subconscious transformation among'st the viewers and the perception about snakes are changed, with which we achieve our mission of conservation of snakes through knowledge.
Agenda of the Awareness Programme
1. Introduction about Snakes
2. Overview of Snakes of India - A statistical summary
3. Common snakes of your region
4. Describing the common nonvenomous snakes of your region- Morphology, Diet, Habitat and clarifying myths, if any. (Usually around 10 different species)
5. Describing the common venomous snakes of the region (refer to point 4) (Usually 4 species)
6. Types of Venomous bites (neurotoxic, haemotoxic, cytotoxic, etc.) and symptoms
7. First Aid
8. Do's and Dont's - Dealing with snake bites
9. Q & A session and Doubts Addressal
10. Oral review for knowledge check. Conclusion