Rangadhara, in association with Sutradhar, is presenting Rangsutra, a festival of theatre and arts, from 13th to 16th January at the National Institute Of Fashion Technology auditorium, Madhapur. The schedule of the festival is as below:
- Theo Lesoualch's Dramatic Space - Indian Contemporary Dance By Veena Basavarajaiah
- Hatt Teri Kismat - Hindi Play By Udaan
- Khamosh, Adalat Jaari Hai - Hindi Play By Nishumbita
- Dastan-Goi - Ancient Islamic Tradition Of Storytelling
- Sonata - Hindi Play By Sutradhar
Rangadhara was formed in the July of 1971 by a group of 4 theater enthusiasts, whose first production, Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot, won the Best Direction Award and 7 other awards in the Maharashtra Rajya Natya Spardha during the year 1973-74. This amateur theater group has so far produced 75 plays with over 300 performances in Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, English and Telugu.
Sutradhar, formally launched as Sutradhar casting agency Pvt. Ltd. in 1996, has come a long way since. Started by Vinay Verma, a theatre actor and a product of Rangadhara, Sutradhar has so far produced about 40 plays.
Donor passes cost Rs. 100 per head for each play, and season passes cost Rs. 1,000 for the entire festival. Please contact Sutradhar at 98480-52541 / 98852-37887 for further details.