Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj is organising the 37th Pandit Motiram Pandit Maniram Sangeet Samaroh
, from 27th to 30th November, at the Chowmahalla Palace. This year, 10 artistes, including upcoming as well as senior performers, will perform during the 4-day festival. The 3rd and the final recital of the penultimate day will have renowned qawwali singer Munawwar Masoom performing Urdu qawwalis.
Munawwar Masoom was born to the Mewat gharana of Bhopal, and is a renowned qawwali singer. He started singing at the tender age of 7, and had already recorded his first album by the time he turned 9. He has lent his voice to various songs in the recently launched album Aatma of the popular band Colonial Cousins. He has performed in many concerts across the country.
The schedule for the 4-day music festival is as below:
- Hindustani Vocal By Pritam Bhattacharya
- Santoor Recital By Pt. Shivkumar Sharma
- Hindustani Vocal By Tripti Mukherjee
- Hindustani Vocal By Ulhas Kashalkar
- Kalaripayattu By Kalari Academy Of Performing Arts
- Hindustani Vocal By Suman Ghosh
- Qawwali By Munnawar Masoom
- Carnatic Flute Recital By Shashank
- Tabla Recital By Yogesh Samsi
- Hindustani Vocal By Sangeet Martand Pt Jasraj
In memory of his late father Pandit Motiram, and his brother Pandit Maniram, Pandit Jasraj, in association with the Department of Culture, organizes an annual music festival in Hyderabad. It is usually held at the Nizam College grounds, which was where his father and his brother taught music to several students. The festival has been on for over 35 years.
Entry to the samaroh is free. Please contact the Department of Culture at 2324-2482 for further details.