Kashmiri, English, Urdu, Telugu, and even gibberish feature in this bouquet of plays by some of the best talent in the country. Watch out for Anupam Kher, Alyque Padamsee and more.
The Qadir Ali Baig Theatre Foundation is organising the Qadir Ali Baig Theatre 2010 from 29th October to 8th November, at Taj Banjara and Taramati Baradari. This 11-day theatre festival will feature 8 plays, with details as below:
- Lal Ded
- English-Hindi-Kashmiri Play by Meeta Vasisht, at Taj Banjara
- Hindi Play by Seagul Theatre Repertory, at Taramati Baradari outdoor auditorium
- About Ram
- Animation + Puppet Theatre in Gibberish, at Taramati Baradari outdoor auditorium
- Katkon Trikon
- Marathi Play by Girish Joshi, at Taramati Baradari outdoor auditorium
- Robinson & Crusoe
- English Play by Ranga Shankara, at Taramati Baradari outdoor auditorium
- The Game
- A Bitter-Sweet English Comedy Play by Sam Kerawalla, at The Park Hotel
- Petals Of Poetry & Performing Arts - Urdu-English Play by Mohammad Ali Baig, at The Park Hotel
Entry is by tickets of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 500 & Rs. 100 per head for each play, available at A A Hussain (Abids), Music World (Rd. 1 B'Hills), Walden (Begumpet), Ofen (Rd. 10 B'Hills), Sangeet Sagar (Paradise Circle), Shoe World (Pathargatti). Season tickets for the entire festival cost Rs. 3,000 per head.
Please contact theatrefoundation[at]cineworksindia[dot]com.