3. the juice was so dilute, no amount of water added to it could perhaps alter its taste any more. (and even this, like starters, is served at the table, which means they take a lot of time, which means they keep you from asking for any more glasses).
4. they make rotis/kulchas/naans on order rather than keep them ready. they took well over 15 minutes to give us the rotis we ordered.
5. the waiters do not respond easily (and unfortunately, you need their attention despite it being a buffet, for reasons mentioned above), almost being rude.
6. the manager, a Rajkumar (I guess he's the owner, too), was *actually* rude when we tried to complain. i have never encountered a rude manager at a place where a buffet is priced anywhere near Rs. 229.
7. desserts seemed to be always empty, meaning we had to wait for them to be replenished. and the payasam (only one i tried) was very dilute.
went there yesterday for dinner. lousy experience.
first, much misleading happens.
1. they put Rs. 179 as price outside, and once inside, says it's Rs. 229 + "taxes" on weekends.
2. "taxes" are 19.5%!!! they label it "VSC". guess that is VAT (14.5%) + service charge (5%). never saw it clubbed under one incomprehensible head like that. and in any case, they should then say price is 229 + taxes + service charges, not just 229 + taxes.
3. they said 6 starters. there were only 3. the other 3 were pani puri, bhel puri and fruit juice.
now coming to the food:
1. you have to wait for them to serve starters, it is not part of the buffet spread. they take a looooong time for that, and so nobody asks for a second helping. i think it is a neat trick since starters are the most expensive stuff anywhere.
2. they do not serve even water regularly. the place is under-staffed (with only 1 proper waiter taking orders), and it's hard to draw his attention. [contd]
Pros: hard! Cons: service speed, courteousness
LEAVE A COMMENT
fullhyd.com has 700,000+ monthly visits. Tell Hyderabad what you feel about Lunch Buffet @ Safron Strings!