If there were any proof at all needed that Hyderabad has truly arrived, here it is - an exclusive showroom for pianos.
Musee Musical has inaugurated an exclusive gallery of pianos and keyboards, on 7th October, at the Babukhan Mall, Somajiguda. The store is only one of its kind in Andhra Pradesh, devoted to the display and sale of pianos and keyboards.
The store is a branch of Chennai's famous music shop Musee Musical. The shop at Chennai was established in 1842 by a Portuguese piano tuner Misquith, and accordingly called M/s. Misquith & Company Limited. It was taken over by a Frenchman, Edgar Allen Prudhomme, and a Spanish woman, Amy De Rozario, who named it Musee Musicals in 1935.
Their devoted employee M Giridhar Das acquired the store in the '50s. Das introduced Indian instruments in the '50s, but was committed to his association with Trinity College, London. After Das' expiry in 1966, M Haricharan Das now presides over the store. He still maintains the ongoing relationship with the Trinity College, with the same devotion as his predecessors.
Musee conducts courses and exams, with affiliation to the Trinity College, on the piano, the electronic keyboard, the violin and the classical guitar. Music Directors like Ilayaraja, A R Rahman, Mani Sharma and Vidyasagar, and renowned violinist Dr L Subrahmanyam are some of the brightest stars of this institution.
Vouching for quality and reliability, the store offers instruments, accessories, books, music education and even a platform to prove your musical talent, all at one place, and, more importantly, at very reasonable prices. In a rare happening for a shop in India, the government commemorated the century old relationship between Trinity and Musee Musical by releasing a first day cover in 2001.
Please contact 6610-1535/98853-55444/98486-06134 for further details.