Carpe Diem, which literally means 'seize the day', is an biennial cultural festival organized by CBIT. A crowd-puller, it regularly attracts thousands of youth from all walks of life. In 2006, the event featured the Pakistani band Jal, DJ Sukethu, and singer Karunya.
This year, the festival features live performances by Sunidhi Chauhan, music director Pritam, Louis Banks, and Shivamani.
The schedule is as follows:
1800 - 1930 - Louis Banks & Sivamani
2000 - 2100 - Pritam
2100 - 2300 - Sunidhi Chauhan
2300 onwwards - DJ Whosane
Slash, a national rock band competition, is the other major attraction of the festival. It will be judged by Native Tongue, who are also set to perform on stage.
Besides the above, here are some of the activities for everyone attending Carpe Diem.
1. Informalz - It is an 'all-talent' competition, and participants will get to showcase any talent they want. Yes, bathroom singers are also qualified to participate.
2. War of DJs - Like the title suggests, it will mostly feature great music, dancing, and adrenaline rushes. DJ Shekhar, the in-house DJ of F-bar, will judge the event.
3. Paintball - A fun, riotous event that celebrates colour.
4. 10k Run - The concept is, well, simple. Participants have to run, to spread the awareness of AIDS.
Tickets for Carpe Diem are available at:
1. Cafe Coffee Day M G Road
2. Cafe Coffee Day Habsiguda
3. Cafe Coffee Day Old Jubilee Hills
4. Cafe Coffee Day Raj Bhavan Road
5. Cafe Coffee Day Banjara Hills Road No. 1
8. Texas Chicken
9. City Centre Mall
The cost of the tickets is as follows:
a) VIP passes Rs. 1,500 (double entry) (These passes will ensure that you are treated like royalty, with front seats at every event, and on-seat service.)
b) Rs. 1,200 (double entry)
c) Rs. 500 (single entry)
d) Rs. 200 (single entry)
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology is one of the premier engineering colleges in the self-financing category in Andhra Pradesh. It has been accredited twice in 1998 and again in 2004 by NBA (AICTE). It is also the first ISO 9001-2000 certified engineering institute of AP. Over the past 27 years, CBIT has produced about 12,000 graduate engineers.
For further details on Carpe Diem, please contact Manoj at 97033-31547 or Sunil at 97033-31549.